The Turner family

The Turner family

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Stepping out of our zone.

8/19/13 at 11:20am I became saved, I gave my life completely to God. I asked him to forgive me for my sins and I vowed to strive to make him proud daily. At that exact moment in time I felt like I could conquer the world, run a mile, re-build the twin towers with my bare hands. I felt indestructible!
Although that exact feelings has lessened with time, I still feel proud and ready to better myself. I want to shout from the rooftop that I'm a child of an AWESOME God.

Society has a way of making you feel like you shouldn't boast about being a follower of Christ. At the same time being a "follower" of Justin Bieber, Drake, Miley Cyrus, etc. is just fine! Being a huge fan of celebrities is "normal". Bringing Miley up in a daily conversation? No problem. Bringing Jesus up in a daily conversation? Alarms go off! Teenagers, adults, people of all ages aspire to be like these celebs.. From hair styles to fashion. Why? Because they're noticed?

I've realized I subconsciously restrain myself from telling people I talk to, how God has been in my daily life. He's everywhere in my life and instead of me witnessing to others even when I have an open opportunity to speak about it, I avoid it. I realize it could bring tension to the conversation or I just don't wanna step out of my comfort zone and bring it up. Nothing would make me happier than to have someone bring God while we're talking even if its completely random, instead of waiting for someone else to, why don't I? This is a big issue I'm dealing with here lately. God is constantly blessing me in so many ways and I know I could be a wonderful witness for him if I could just step out of my comfort zone and forget the "normal".    

I was fresh out of high school, hanging out with a friend and we were checking our Facebook. Someone updated their status to a Bible verse... My friend commented on how the other girl was such a "God fanatic/ Bible thumper".. I rolled my eyes and said "Haha yeah!...". I look back now and I'm amazed at myself, not in a good way! In my opinion being a "God fanatic/Bible thumper" is a great thing! God died for little ol' me, he blesses my life more than I could even explain. God is greater than anyone could ever start comprehend... I'm not apologizing if I'm a little fanatic over him. I mean, he is my savior and all!

This is really just a long promise that I'm going to practice stepping out of my comfort zone and letting people know just how amazing our God is.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. The devil is amazing at distraction and people fall for it all the time. They "worship" movie stars, politicians, people they'll likely never even meet. When we want to share about Our Amazing Jesus, who they CAN meet and have a relationship with, that often gets a different reaction. It isn't easy to do, but we are called to share Him. May God give all who believe in Him courage and strength to testify of what He's done! You and your family are so beautiful!!! May God continue to bless you!
    -"Rocky Mtn Meat Hunter's" wife, Kim (I can't figure how to log in as myself :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this. I've been dealing with severe hair loss and acne and my husband cheated all since having my son 9 months ago. I had several miscarriages prior. I've honestly felt like God has been punishing me. At times I want to pray and other times I feel what's the point. I see so much strength and courage from you that I feel like a fool for being devastated. I'd like to know from you how to bring God back into my life. I miss the relationship I had with him. After losing my son Gabriel in the second trimester which was my 5th loss, I gave up on God. But something clicked reading your blog. If you can do this, so can I and I can do it with God on my side. Thank you for blogging about your life and seeing the blessings. Please minister to me if you would like. I sure wouldn't make you feel weird about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Id love to talk more with you! I would love to share my beliefs and faith with you, I'll try to help in any way I can. You can email me at xxsturner@gmail.com I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! :)

      Delete